Arnica (arnica montana) is a traditional herb, founded in Europe and looks like a yellow daisy. Traditionally used for cuts and bruises, famous for its fast healing properties.
Arnica also useful for skincare. It stimulates white blood cells and draws blood to a wounded skin area. It significantly reduces inflammation and speeds up healing process. Beneficial compunds of arnica are: helenalin, linoleic acid, plamitic acid, thymol, flavonoids.
The most powerful arnica effects for skin are:
1. Soothing skin's inflammation - soothes skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema, skin rashes.
2. Antimicrobial properties - acne healing.
3. Moisturizing properties - if applied directly to open skin could be toxic, but when arnica mixed in with other oils and creams it becomes an additional effective treatment for dry skin and chapped lips.
4. Provides faster post suntan recovery.
5. Used in cosmetics and makeup to cover under eyes dark circles, soothes puffiness - Concealer at www.oliaco.com $30 link:
6. Helps to prevent skin from free radicals and pollution (premature aging) due to containing high concentration of antioxidants (flavonoids - plant chemichals).
7. Nourishing to skin, makes skin supple and soft (flavonoids).
Arnica has been used for hundreds of years as an Ayurvedic remedy and has endless list of healing powers: hair growth, controls dandruff, premature hair graying, helps pregnancy stretchmarks, relives muscle soreness and many more.